If you're new to Permaculturehub, or just need a bit of a guide about how to use this site, then this is the place to be.
Here's a description of what you can find and do in each of the sections of the website:
WELCOME! - First time on the Permaculturehub site? Head here to read some welcome comments
GROW - Expand your permaculture skills and understanding via the resources in this section
- Blogs - Follow the adventures and explorations of other permaculture people by reading their blogs
- Find a Teacher - Follow or connect with permaculture teachers all over the world
- Videos - Watch and add videos here
- BIO-Pic interviews - Learn about the stories and histories of leading permaculture practitioners
- Events - Find interesting events or add your own here. NB: If you plan to add a new event that runs for more than one day and that requires all attendees to attend for every day of the event, then enter the Start Date into both the Start Date and End Date fields (i.e. both dates should be the same). This ensures people do not mistakenly try to attend an event that has already begun.
SHARE - Participate in the Permaculturehub community by contributing in a bundle of different ways
- Forum - Start, read and contribute to discussions on a whole range of permaculture topics
- Photos - View and add photos here. When adding new photos please check to ensure that each one is smaller than 1Mb (1,000Kb) - this makes it easier for others to access the website. (Tip: Using albums can be a useful way of organizing your photos and make it easier for others to locate them, select the Create/Add to Album option when you upload the photos)
- Invite friends - The Permaculturehub community is all about growing connections, use the tools found here to invite your friends to join us
- Latest activity - Want to know what's been happening around the Permaculturehub community, just head here to get an overview
CONNECT - Join groups, find friends and build relationships with other permaculture people
- Members - Looking for someone or just want to find out who's in the community, then this is the place for you
- Climates - Connect with permaculture people in your climate zone or explore conversations related to others
- Guilds - Go here to get in touch with your local permaculture group or find one in any area you are visiting (if your Guild does not appear here have your leadership team get in touch with us!)
- Regions - Join the Group for the region you live in and grow the connections with permaculture people in your area
MY PAGE - Update your profile, change your communication settings, see details of your contributions to Permaculturehub and the connections you have in the community. As an added bonus, you can also change the layout of your My Page. It's simple, to rearrange items grab the coloured bar at the top of a box and drag it to the location you want, easy! (One suggestion is to drag the "Profile Information" box to the top of your My page so that people viewing the details you have made available can easily learn who you are).
You can also completely overhaul the look and feel of your own page by clicking on the icon in the top left corner of the black tool bar and making any alterations you want from there
- Groups - Look through all the different groups on the site and join as many as you want. Have an idea for a new group? Then drop us a line
- Friends - Check in with your Permaculturehub friends and see what they've recently been up to
- My photos - See a listing of all the photos you have added to the site. If you want to add, edit or delete your photos here is the place to do it
- My videos - This page show a list of all the videos you have added to the site. If you want to add, edit or delete your videos here is the place to do it
As always, this community is for you, if you have feedback or ideas please contact us. You can do this by adding a discussion in the Website Feedback forum, or by sending a message to the Permaculturehub Admin team.
Have fun making new connections and growing old ones across the Permaculturehub community!